BALSAM LAKE, Wis. - A 45-year-old man has pleaded not guilty in the killing of a Milltown woman he said was his fiancee.
Attorney Mark Biller entered the plea on behalf of Scott Youngmark during a hearing Wednesday in Polk County court.
Youngmark is charged with first-degree intentional homicide in the death of 47-year-old Kari Roberts. Roberts was found dead in her apartment Dec. 1.
A criminal complaint alleges Youngmark stabbed Roberts in the hips and thighs, fractured bones in her face and caused other sharp force injuries.
The defense is working on a motion to move the trial. The St. Paul Pioneer Press reported a motion hearing is scheduled for April 16.
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US