BALSAM LAKE, Wis. - A 45-year-old man has pleaded not guilty in the killing of a Milltown woman he said was his fiancee.
Attorney Mark Biller entered the plea on behalf of Scott Youngmark during a hearing Wednesday in Polk County court.
Youngmark is charged with first-degree intentional homicide in the death of 47-year-old Kari Roberts. Roberts was found dead in her apartment Dec. 1.
A criminal complaint alleges Youngmark stabbed Roberts in the hips and thighs, fractured bones in her face and caused other sharp force injuries.
The defense is working on a motion to move the trial. The St. Paul Pioneer Press reported a motion hearing is scheduled for April 16.
- Community supports boy fighting for his life
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program