LANCASTER, Wis. - Two people were injured in a two-vehicle crash on Highway 129 just east of Lancaster Saturday night, officials said.
Crews responded to Highway 129 at Lincoln Road around 5:50 p.m. Saturday for reports of a two-vehicle crash, according to a release.
Cheyanne Pierce, 16, of Fennimore, was northbound on Highway 129 in her 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier, deputies said. When she slowed to turn left onto Lincoln Road, a 2004 Ford truck driven by Lawrence Haas, 50, of Potosi, started to pass her on the left when they collided in the southbound lane.
Pierce and her passenger, Anthony Skaife, 17, of Fennimore, were taken to Grant Regional Hospital for possible injuries, according to the release. Haas and his passenger, Mariah Schultz, 22, of Shullsburg, were not injured.
Both vehicles were towed from the scene because of damage, officials said. Traffic was rerouted for a short time while the crash scene was cleaned up.
Haas was cited for passing a vehicle making a left turn.Highway 129 at Lincoln Road east of Lancaster
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says