MADISON, Wis. - Police said a Madison man on his cellphone rolled his vehicle after hitting a parked car on the east side.
On Saturday at about 10:30 a.m., Madison police responded to a report of a single-vehicle rollover accident.
According to the report, Eduardo Gurfield, 30, was driving on the 2000 block of Winnebago Street at about 10:34 a.m. when he veered to the right and hit a parked car. Police said he then overcorrected, causing his vehicle to roll over.
Gurfield was using his cellphone when the accident occurred, according to police.
He suffered a minor leg injury but refused medical attention, the report noted.
Gurfield was cited for inattentive driving and not having insurance.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls