MONONA, Wis. - Monona police responded to a report of an attempted robbery Saturday night, according to a release.
Police responded to the intersection of Bridge Road and Midwood Avenue in Monona around 8:15 p.m., according to the release.
Officials say a man was jogging when a man on a bike approached him, told him he had a gun and demanded his iPod.
The victim ran toward a passing vehicle and the man on the bike fled north on Midwood, according to the release.
Officials say a weapon was not displayed.
The robber is described as a white male, 20 to 25 years old with short, light brown hair and sunken eyes, according to the release. The man was last seen wearing a blue tank top, tan shorts and slipper-type shoes. He was riding a smaller BMX blue bike.
Officials ask anyone with information to call Monona police at 222-0463.
- Local woman shares warning after credit card theft
- Bond reduced in UW-Stout student death case
- Madison police make arrest in downtown robbery
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving