TOWN OF LIBERTY, Wis. - A 55-year-old Lancaster man was killed when he drove an ATV off a three-foot tall retaining wall, according to a release from the Grant County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to a property on Coon Hollow Road in the town of Liberty on Thursday at 7:45 p.m. for a report of an ATV crash.
Investigators said Mark Addison drove a four-wheeler off the retaining wall, throwing him from the ATV and giving him fatal head injuries.
He was not wearing any protective gear, deputies said.
Investigators said it's not clear why Addison drove off the wall. The incident remains under investigation.
- Man charged in fatal shooting of sheriff's deputy
- PD: Man hit in head, robbed during believed stereo equipment sale
- Wisconsin farmers could be affected by late cabinet pick
- Judge denies motions to dismiss 4 charges against Alec Cook
- MFD: 1 suffers minor injury in rollover crash on John Nolen Drive
- Woman accused of stabbing acquaintance turns herself in to police