BURKE TOWNSHIP - A 20-year-old man was killed when his scooter hit loose gravel at the edge of a roadway, causing him to lose control of the scooter, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
Emergency responders were called to South Thompson Road at Brooks Drive in the town of Burke at 5:30 p.m. Saturday.
The man was not wearing a helmet and hit his head on the pavement, according to investigators.
The victim suffered a significant head injury and was later pronounced dead at the University of Wisconsin Hospital.
The identity of the man is being withheld until family is notified.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns