BURKE TOWNSHIP - A 20-year-old man was killed when his scooter hit loose gravel at the edge of a roadway, causing him to lose control of the scooter, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
Emergency responders were called to South Thompson Road at Brooks Drive in the town of Burke at 5:30 p.m. Saturday.
The man was not wearing a helmet and hit his head on the pavement, according to investigators.
The victim suffered a significant head injury and was later pronounced dead at the University of Wisconsin Hospital.
The identity of the man is being withheld until family is notified.
- All Iowa County roads reported as ice covered, hazardous
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need