TOWN OF BURKE, Wis. - A man killed early Saturday in a single-vehicle crash near Sun Prairie is identified as Jason M. Sterken of Monona, according to authorities.
At approximately 2:28 a.m., Dane County sheriff's deputies along with Sun Prairie Fire and EMS were dispatched to the Town of Burke for a roll-over crash.
The Dane County Sheriff's Department said a 2001 Honda Civic was westbound on Highway 19 near Brandywood Trail when it went off the shoulder and struck a driveway embankment. According to a report, the car subsequently rolled several times.
Sterken was pronounced dead at the scene by a Dane County Medical Examiner, the report said.
The crash is under investigation, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns