TOWN OF BURKE, Wis. - A man killed early Saturday in a single-vehicle crash near Sun Prairie is identified as Jason M. Sterken of Monona, according to authorities.
At approximately 2:28 a.m., Dane County sheriff's deputies along with Sun Prairie Fire and EMS were dispatched to the Town of Burke for a roll-over crash.
The Dane County Sheriff's Department said a 2001 Honda Civic was westbound on Highway 19 near Brandywood Trail when it went off the shoulder and struck a driveway embankment. According to a report, the car subsequently rolled several times.
Sterken was pronounced dead at the scene by a Dane County Medical Examiner, the report said.
The crash is under investigation, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
- Child expert weighs in, on search for 9-month old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry
- Renewable energy conference focuses on working with agriculture
- Adams County officials hope public can ID burglars in surveillance video
- UWM instructor hopes students can push for change