TOWN OF OAK GROVE, Wis. - One person was killed in a head-on crash Thursday afternoon in Dodge County northwest of Juneau around 1 p.m., officials said.
Dodge County sheriff's deputies were dispatched to reports of a head-on crash on Highway 33 just east of Highway I in the town of Oak Grove, according to a release. The crash was about 2 miles northwest of Juneau.
Investigators said Paul J. Wilder, 46, of rural Beaver Dam, was driving his truck west on State Highway 33 when he lost control, entered the eastbound lane, and struck a truck driven by Johnathan M. Barth, 24, of Waupun.
Wilder was pronounced dead at the scene.
Barth and his passenger, Alex R. Janzer, 23, of Beaver Dam, were taken to a local hospital with what appeared to be non-life-threatening injuries.
Investigators are looking into multiple factors that may have caused the crash, according to the release.
At the time of the crash, roadways were snow covered and slippery, and are believed to be a factor but not the only cause of the crash, deputies said.
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight