COTTAGE GROVE, Wis. - A 51-year-old Minnesota man died in a crash involving a school van on Highway 12/18 Monday morning, officials said.
The head-on crash was reported around 9:40 a.m. on Highway 12/18 at the intersection with County Road BN, according to Dane County dispatchers.
Investigators said a 50-year-old female driver from Deerfield was operating a white cargo van when she lost control and slid into the westbound lane and hit a westbound Dodge truck being driven by John F. Saloka, of Anoka, Minn.
The female driver suffered minor injuries and was released from an area hospital, according to a release.
Saloka died from injuries suffered in the crash, according to the Dane County Medical Examiner.
Deerfield Superintendent Michelle Jenson told News 3 a Deerfield School District employee was involved in the crash. No students were in the van at the time of the crash.
The employee was returning to Deerfield High School after dropping students off at school training program in Madison.
The Wisconsin State Patrol said the road was reopened at 1 p.m.
Police said road conditions appear to be a factor in the crash.23145986
- Circus World director 'optimistic' in wake of Ringling Bros. shutdown
- Missing Beloit man found dead
- Billion dollar company plans for joint venture
- Superior boat builder secures $6M contract for Texas project
- Man suffers serious injuries in snowmobile rollover
- Janesville police looking for accused Target thief