COTTAGE GROVE, Wis. - A 51-year-old Minnesota man died in a crash involving a school van on Highway 12/18 Monday morning, officials said.
The head-on crash was reported around 9:40 a.m. on Highway 12/18 at the intersection with County Road BN, according to Dane County dispatchers.
Investigators said a 50-year-old female driver from Deerfield was operating a white cargo van when she lost control and slid into the westbound lane and hit a westbound Dodge truck being driven by John F. Saloka, of Anoka, Minn.
The female driver suffered minor injuries and was released from an area hospital, according to a release.
Saloka died from injuries suffered in the crash, according to the Dane County Medical Examiner.
Deerfield Superintendent Michelle Jenson told News 3 a Deerfield School District employee was involved in the crash. No students were in the van at the time of the crash.
The employee was returning to Deerfield High School after dropping students off at school training program in Madison.
The Wisconsin State Patrol said the road was reopened at 1 p.m.
Police said road conditions appear to be a factor in the crash.23145986
- Shredfest helps protect more than 1,100 people's identities
- 'Life goes on': Production ends at Oscar Mayer plant
- Vehicles, building hit by bullets in Fitchburg
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed