TOWN OF BERRY, Wis. - Authorities said alcohol and speed were factors in a crash that killed one person and caused serious injuries to another early Saturday.
The Dane County Sheriff's Office said deputies responded to a single-vehicle fatality crash on Martinsville Road at High Rise Road in the town of Berry at about 1:50 a.m.
The sheriff's office said a Honda Accord was southbound on Martinsville Road when it failed to negotiate a curve and struck a tree. The driver, Kurt V. Laufenberg, 22, was taken to a Madison hospital by Med Flight with serious injuries and the passenger, Dylan Lindeman, 22, of Middleton, was pronounced dead at the scene.
As of Monday afternoon Laufenberg was still hospitalized with serious, but non-life-threatening injuries, officials said.
The crash remains under investigation.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns