TOWN OF WESTPORT, Wis. - The man killed in a two-vehicle fatality crash in the town of Westport last week is identified as Mark B. Greimel, 59, of Spring Green, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
The crash occurred at the intersection of State Highways 113 and 19 at 5:02 p.m. Mary M. Wegner, 64, of Madison, was stopped at the intersection and was preparing to pull southbound on Highway 113, according to deputies. She pulled out in front of a vehicle headed north.
The collision killed Greimel, who was not wearing his seat belt, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
Wegner was wearing her seat belt and had to be removed from her vehicle. She was transported by UW Med Flight to UW hospital and continues to improve, according to deputies.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK