TOWN OF WESTPORT, Wis. - The man killed in a two-vehicle fatality crash in the town of Westport last week is identified as Mark B. Greimel, 59, of Spring Green, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
The crash occurred at the intersection of State Highways 113 and 19 at 5:02 p.m. Mary M. Wegner, 64, of Madison, was stopped at the intersection and was preparing to pull southbound on Highway 113, according to deputies. She pulled out in front of a vehicle headed north.
The collision killed Greimel, who was not wearing his seat belt, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
Wegner was wearing her seat belt and had to be removed from her vehicle. She was transported by UW Med Flight to UW hospital and continues to improve, according to deputies.
- Lawmaker wants Milwaukee County sheriff removed
- State Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- 3 adults, 1 child fall through ice on Sauk County lake
- Woman's purse taken while downtown; man arrested
- Woman suffers broken nose from fruit thrown from balcony
- Glass packaging flaw prompts beer recall