MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee police said a man who was shot dead by officers after he refused to drop his knives has been identified as 46-year-old Chris G. Nowicki.
The police department says officers responded to a Milwaukee home Saturday night on a report of a man threatening to kill a relative.
Police say officers found Nowicki standing outside holding two butcher knives. They say he ignored commands to drop the knives and began advancing on the officers, one of whom opened fire.
As is standard procedure, the officers were placed on administrative duty pending completion of the investigation.
It was the second time in a week that Milwaukee police used deadly force. Last week ,police killed a 45-year-old who they said was threatening to kill himself and refused to drop his weapon.
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say
- Local musician, drum instructor charged with possession of child porn
- WIAA board approves concussion insurance for student athletes
- Complaint: 14-year-old's father finds sexual assault suspect in closet