MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee police said a man who was shot dead by officers after he refused to drop his knives has been identified as 46-year-old Chris G. Nowicki.
The police department says officers responded to a Milwaukee home Saturday night on a report of a man threatening to kill a relative.
Police say officers found Nowicki standing outside holding two butcher knives. They say he ignored commands to drop the knives and began advancing on the officers, one of whom opened fire.
As is standard procedure, the officers were placed on administrative duty pending completion of the investigation.
It was the second time in a week that Milwaukee police used deadly force. Last week ,police killed a 45-year-old who they said was threatening to kill himself and refused to drop his weapon.
- Suspected serial thief steals again, police say
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Man scammed out of $4,300 by person claiming to be grandson
- Man stabs girlfriend in neck with scissors, police say
- Fremont woman accused in boyfriend's fatal stabbing is acquitted
- East Towne Mall employee attacked, robbed