MONROE, Wis. - Authorities say a Monticello man was arrested Thursday after they say he attacked a deputy, attempted to disarm an officer and threw a glass through a police car window.
At about 11:30 p.m. Thursday, 21-year-old Allen John Gierhart was uncooperative with a Monticello police officer attempting to detain Gierhart on suspicion of open intoxicants in public, according to the report.
Police said Gierhart resisted the officer, threw a glass through the officer's police car and attempted to disarm the officer.
When Green County Sheriff's deputies arrived at the 100 block of N. Main St. in the Village of Monticello to help the officer, Gierhart kicked one of the deputies in the head and continued resisting, according to the report.
Gierhart was arrested on charges of battery to an officer, attempting to disarm an officer, two counts of disorderly conduct, two counts of resisting arrest and criminal damage to property, the sheriff said.
Gierhart was taken to Green County Jail.
- Trump, Walker discuss dairy dispute in Wisconsin
- 6-year-old watching TV nearly struck by bullet, Madison police say
- Man injured in gunfire incident at Verona Road gas station
- Student stabbed, seriously wounded at Kenosha high school
- Sauk County man wins $53,000 lottery prize
- Bullets hit 2 apartment buildings, police say