MONROE, Wis. - Authorities say a Monticello man was arrested Thursday after they say he attacked a deputy, attempted to disarm an officer and threw a glass through a police car window.
At about 11:30 p.m. Thursday, 21-year-old Allen John Gierhart was uncooperative with a Monticello police officer attempting to detain Gierhart on suspicion of open intoxicants in public, according to the report.
Police said Gierhart resisted the officer, threw a glass through the officer's police car and attempted to disarm the officer.
When Green County Sheriff's deputies arrived at the 100 block of N. Main St. in the Village of Monticello to help the officer, Gierhart kicked one of the deputies in the head and continued resisting, according to the report.
Gierhart was arrested on charges of battery to an officer, attempting to disarm an officer, two counts of disorderly conduct, two counts of resisting arrest and criminal damage to property, the sheriff said.
Gierhart was taken to Green County Jail.
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two