MADISON, Wis. - A Sun Prairie man was arrested after throwing things at and threatening Madison police officers who responded to a crash he was involved in, officials said.
Madison police officers responded to the area of East Washington Avenue and East Springs Drive around 11:50 p.m. Sunday for reports of a crash, according to a release. Officers found a vehicle with extensive damage, and an orange construction barrel was also down.
Police believe alcohol was a contributing factor in causing the driver, Evan Jensen, 21, to scream at and threaten officers who responded to the crash.
When officers tried to check on Jensen's welfare he told them he hated police and said they needed to get away from him, according to the release. Jensen started violently throwing things and punching the car as police approached him.
Police managed to take Jensen into custody after threatening to use a Taser on him, but Jensen continued to threaten to hunt down and kill officers in the future, officials said.
Jensen was arrested on tentative charges of disorderly conduct, and resisting and obstructing an officer.Madison crime map
- Mexican official threatens to halt U.S. corn imports, worrying local farmers
- Incumbent Evers advances easily in schools race
- Consumer Reports: Genetic testing your health
- Janesville horse rescue center helps save part of historic wild mustang herd
- Teacher, student kidney transplant set for Wednesday
- Listeria may pose greater risk of early miscarriage, UW researchers say