SUN PRAIRIE, Wis. - Police said a Sun Prairie man received minor injuries early Saturday in a vehicle fire near the man's home.
Sun Prairie Police Sgt. Larry Moen said police responded to a report of a vehicle fire outside 1316 Sunfield St. just before 4 a.m.
Officers arrived to find a vehicle engulfed in flames and Gregory Ruff, 49, outside the burning vehicle, Moen said.
Police said Ruff had been driving the vehicle and was in it when the fire started. Ruff was arrested on suspicion of a fourth-offense felony operating while intoxicated. He also suffered minor injuries from the vehicle fire, police said.
According to the report, the Sun Prairie Fire Department responded to put the fire out. The cause of the fire has not been determined, police said.
The report did not indicate the nature of Ruff's injuries or if he was treated.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike
- Robbery suspect arrested after stealing purse containing $1