EAU CLAIRE, Wis. - Authorities are holding a 41-year-old Altoona man in connection with a homicide.
The Leader-Telegram reports the suspect was found in Marathon County Wednesday and apprehended after a chase. He is being held on a preliminary charge of first-degree intentional homicide and is expected to appear in court Friday.
Altoona police were called about a dead person Tuesday. Officers found one person dead.
Chief James Small called the death suspicious and says it has since been ruled a homicide.
An autopsy was performed Wednesday, but results have not been released. Police also have not identified the victim.
Court records say the suspect lives at the same address where the body was discovered.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns