EAU CLAIRE, Wis. - Authorities are holding a 41-year-old Altoona man in connection with a homicide.
The Leader-Telegram reports the suspect was found in Marathon County Wednesday and apprehended after a chase. He is being held on a preliminary charge of first-degree intentional homicide and is expected to appear in court Friday.
Altoona police were called about a dead person Tuesday. Officers found one person dead.
Chief James Small called the death suspicious and says it has since been ruled a homicide.
An autopsy was performed Wednesday, but results have not been released. Police also have not identified the victim.
Court records say the suspect lives at the same address where the body was discovered.
- UWM instructor hopes students can find solution to lead problem
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash
- Assembly Republicans plan to add $300 million for roads
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration