WAUSAU, Wis. - Police say a man who accused two people in a road rage incident in Wausau held them at gunpoint until officers arrived.
A 49-year-old Appleton man called 911 from Highway 29 Tuesday afternoon saying the van he had just passed was ramming his SUV from behind. The dispatcher told the caller to pull off the road and wait for officers.
The SUV driver said the van followed and the couple inside began hitting him and stabbing him with car keys. The driver then pulled out his gun and pointed it at the two until police arrived.
The Wausau Daily Herald reported the couple was booked on possible charges of battery and disorderly conduct. Authorities said the SUV driver has a permit to carry a concealed weapon.
- Increase in garage burglaries reported in Sun Prairie
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child in Wis. arrested in NY
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crash involving ambulance closes U.S. Highway 12
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Madison cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case