WAUSAU, Wis. - Police say a man who accused two people in a road rage incident in Wausau held them at gunpoint until officers arrived.
A 49-year-old Appleton man called 911 from Highway 29 Tuesday afternoon saying the van he had just passed was ramming his SUV from behind. The dispatcher told the caller to pull off the road and wait for officers.
The SUV driver said the van followed and the couple inside began hitting him and stabbing him with car keys. The driver then pulled out his gun and pointed it at the two until police arrived.
The Wausau Daily Herald reported the couple was booked on possible charges of battery and disorderly conduct. Authorities said the SUV driver has a permit to carry a concealed weapon.
- Man suffers ‘incapacitating injury' in Grant County crash, deputies say
- Surveillance video shows burglars breaking into Madison cellphone store
- Records show little GOP feedback to state education plan
- Lincoln Hills psychologist dismissed
- Kenosha teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online