MADISON, Wis. - A pedestrian was struck and killed by a train near the Wisconsin Dells Depot near Lacrosse Street.
The Wisconsin Dells Police Department said in a press release Sunday Sky Dettlaff, 21, of West Allis, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police said witnesses reported there weren't any other people near him or on the platform as the train approached. The train sounded its horn but Dettlaff didn't respond.
The incident is still under investigation.
- Adams County Sheriff looking for missing 22-year-old
- Attorney: Robinson settlement a calculated decision by city's insurer
- Dane County looks into another option for jail renovation
- Attorney says officer 'hung out to dry' in settlement
- Lawmakers, group calling on governor to improve schools' drinking water
- Community reacts to Tony Robinson case settlement