MADISON, Wis. - A pedestrian was struck and killed by a train near the Wisconsin Dells Depot near Lacrosse Street.
The Wisconsin Dells Police Department said in a press release Sunday Sky Dettlaff, 21, of West Allis, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police said witnesses reported there weren't any other people near him or on the platform as the train approached. The train sounded its horn but Dettlaff didn't respond.
The incident is still under investigation.
- Dane County deputies shut down Bratfest carnival
- Police investigate bomb threat at Madison library
- Extra Janesville officers on patrol for 'Click It or Ticket' enforcement
- Diabetics feeling pinch as insulin prices rise 8 percent
- Police: occupants of both cars in hit-and-run flee scene
- Officials identify two men killed in Sheboygan plane crash