MADISON, Wis. - A pedestrian was struck and killed by a train near the Wisconsin Dells Depot near Lacrosse Street.
The Wisconsin Dells Police Department said in a press release Sunday Sky Dettlaff, 21, of West Allis, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police said witnesses reported there weren't any other people near him or on the platform as the train approached. The train sounded its horn but Dettlaff didn't respond.
The incident is still under investigation.
- Dane County plans to buy land to make Capital City State Trail safer
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Hilldale Mall launches redevelopment of south side
- State unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- Expect traffic delays in downtown Madison for Women's March Saturday
- Police arrest suspected heroin dealers, seize 3 guns, $28K cash