HAYWARD, Wis. - A Wisconsin man will serve a life sentence without parole after being convicted of killing a 93-year-old woman in Sawyer County.
A jury found 30-year-old Christopher Roalson of Radisson guilty last September in the May 2009 killing of Irena Roszak.
Judge Kenneth Kutz also ruled Monday that Roalson and his accomplice, 18-year-old Austin Davis, must pay restitution to Roszak's family with what they earn working in prison.
The life sentence was mandatory under Wisconsin law. The Duluth News Tribune reported the only question at Roalson's sentencing was about parole.
Prosecutors said Roalson shouted satanic references as he stabbed Roszak and she begged for her life.
Davis received a sentence of eight years in prison for his role in Roszak's death. Davis testified as a prosecution witness at Roalson's trial.
- Extra patrols added for spring party
- Shirtless female toddler on splash pad sparks debate
- Teacher confesses to sex with student in classroom
- Madison police find bullet in apartment on Russett Road
- Madison police investigate shots fired, crash
- Madison police investigating armed robbery at Oakcrest Tavern