MADISON, Wis. - Police have charged a Madison man in connection with a burglary at a downtown restaurant business office Monday.
Madison police said a citizen called the department after seeing the surveillance photos on a media website. The caller identified the man in the photo as Thad. J. Branch, 49, of Madison.
Police said Branch entered the business office at State Street Brats at about 8:24 p.m. Monday night and left with money that had been stored in the office. On Wednesday morning, police shared surveillance images of a man standing near a desk in an office and asked for help from the public in identifying the man pictured.
Branch was arrested on the north side of Madison Wednesday afternoon, police said. He is charged with burglary and is being held on a probation hold, according to the report.Madison crime map
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say