MADISON, Wis. - Police have charged a Madison man in connection with a burglary at a downtown restaurant business office Monday.
Madison police said a citizen called the department after seeing the surveillance photos on a media website. The caller identified the man in the photo as Thad. J. Branch, 49, of Madison.
Police said Branch entered the business office at State Street Brats at about 8:24 p.m. Monday night and left with money that had been stored in the office. On Wednesday morning, police shared surveillance images of a man standing near a desk in an office and asked for help from the public in identifying the man pictured.
Branch was arrested on the north side of Madison Wednesday afternoon, police said. He is charged with burglary and is being held on a probation hold, according to the report.Madison crime map
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday
- New emergency equipment aids obese patients in Wisconsin
- Facebook CEO Zuckerberg visits Madison Sunday
- Wisconsin, U.S. used flawed hair evidence to convict innocent people