MADISON, Wis. - Police have charged a Madison man in connection with a burglary at a downtown restaurant business office Monday.
Madison police said a citizen called the department after seeing the surveillance photos on a media website. The caller identified the man in the photo as Thad. J. Branch, 49, of Madison.
Police said Branch entered the business office at State Street Brats at about 8:24 p.m. Monday night and left with money that had been stored in the office. On Wednesday morning, police shared surveillance images of a man standing near a desk in an office and asked for help from the public in identifying the man pictured.
Branch was arrested on the north side of Madison Wednesday afternoon, police said. He is charged with burglary and is being held on a probation hold, according to the report.Madison crime map
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls
- UW study uses video games to help smokers quit
- UW-Madison suspends fraternity for serving minors