MADISON, Wis. - Madison police officers were called out just after 10:15 Friday night to the far west side after a report that shots were fired.
Officers were sent to the 1400 block of Prairie Road at 10:18 p.m. after neighbors reported hearing gunshots. Officers at the scene said they found a 20-year-old man with a multiple gun shot wounds in his upper body lying on the sidewalk.
He was taken to a nearby hospital. Police said he was conscious and breathing when he was taken away. His current condition is unknown.
Authorities said they believe the shooting happened elsewhere, and witnesses reported at least two people running from the scene.
Police said no one is in custody and the shooting is under investigation.
- Winter weather could slow Wednesday commute
- $1M lottery ticket sold in Madison expires soon
- Men to be without safe, sober home with no live-in manager
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- Multiple reports of gunshots heard in Madison Sunday night
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue