MADISON, Wis. - Madison police officers were called out just after 10:15 Friday night to the far west side after a report that shots were fired.
Officers were sent to the 1400 block of Prairie Road at 10:18 p.m. after neighbors reported hearing gunshots. Officers at the scene said they found a 20-year-old man with a multiple gun shot wounds in his upper body lying on the sidewalk.
He was taken to a nearby hospital. Police said he was conscious and breathing when he was taken away. His current condition is unknown.
Authorities said they believe the shooting happened elsewhere, and witnesses reported at least two people running from the scene.
Police said no one is in custody and the shooting is under investigation.
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- Authorities: Woman fatally shot father and took her own life
- Syrian man who sued Trump brings family to US
- DATCP warns of resurgence of fake IRS calls
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 Janesville motorcyclists
- Man accused in deadly wrong-way I-94 wreck not competent, judge says