TOWN OF WINDSOR, Wis. - Deputies arrested a man for sixth-offense operating while intoxicated Saturday night after receiving reports of a vehicle in the ditch and the driver walking away from the crash.
Officials responded to reports of a vehicle in the ditch around 12:40 p.m. in the area of Ellingson Road and Highway C in the town of Windsor, according to a release.
The vehicle was unoccupied when deputies arrived but a witness reported seeing the driver walking on North Highway C, officials said.
Deputies found Steven D. Vander Sanden walking on Highway C just past the Dane/Columbia county line, according to the release.
Officials said they could smell intoxicants coming from Vander Sanden and field sobriety tests were performed.
Vander Sanden is being held in the Dane County Jail on the OWI charges.Ellingson Road at Highway C, town of Windsor
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash