MADISON, Wis. - A Waunakee man was arrested for drunken driving Friday after deputies found him slumped over the wheel in the Town of Westport, authorities said.
At about 11 p.m., Dane County Sheriff's deputies responded to a report of a man slumped over the steering wheel of his vehicle the intersection of Highway K and Highway Q.
Deputies said Patrick E. Jensen, 42, failed field sobriety tests and he was arrested on suspicion of operating a vehicle while intoxicated, a fourth offense. Jensen was booked into the Dane County Jail.
Dane County Sheriff's Lt. David Dohnal said in a news release that since Jensen's last OWI offense date occurred within the last five years, the arrest Friday is considered a felony offense,.
The sheriff said Jensen was also arrested for possession of cocaine.
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral