MADISON, Wis. - A Waunakee man was arrested for drunken driving Friday after deputies found him slumped over the wheel in the Town of Westport, authorities said.
At about 11 p.m., Dane County Sheriff's deputies responded to a report of a man slumped over the steering wheel of his vehicle the intersection of Highway K and Highway Q.
Deputies said Patrick E. Jensen, 42, failed field sobriety tests and he was arrested on suspicion of operating a vehicle while intoxicated, a fourth offense. Jensen was booked into the Dane County Jail.
Dane County Sheriff's Lt. David Dohnal said in a news release that since Jensen's last OWI offense date occurred within the last five years, the arrest Friday is considered a felony offense,.
The sheriff said Jensen was also arrested for possession of cocaine.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend