MADISON, Wis. - A Waunakee man was arrested for drunken driving Friday after deputies found him slumped over the wheel in the Town of Westport, authorities said.
At about 11 p.m., Dane County Sheriff's deputies responded to a report of a man slumped over the steering wheel of his vehicle the intersection of Highway K and Highway Q.
Deputies said Patrick E. Jensen, 42, failed field sobriety tests and he was arrested on suspicion of operating a vehicle while intoxicated, a fourth offense. Jensen was booked into the Dane County Jail.
Dane County Sheriff's Lt. David Dohnal said in a news release that since Jensen's last OWI offense date occurred within the last five years, the arrest Friday is considered a felony offense,.
The sheriff said Jensen was also arrested for possession of cocaine.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart