TOWN OF ARGYLE, Wis. - One man is in critical condition after being found unresponsive inside his vehicle in a Lafayette County farm field.
The Lafayette County Sheriff's Department said a vehicle was spotted around 8 p.m. Thursday in a field in the 14000 Block of County Highway N in the town of Argle.
Michael Berg, 59, was found in the car severely injured.
An investigation shows Berg failed to negotiate a curve. He then lost control, struck a ditch and embankment before landing in the field.
Berg was taken to Monroe Hospital and later transferred to the UW Hospital in Madison with life-threatening injuries. Med Flight helicopters could not respond to the accident because of the weather conditions.
The Lafayette County Sheriff's Office will continue to investigate the crash.
- Janesville police investigate first homicide since 2014
- Study shows Wisconsin poverty rate reached new low in 2015
- Jerry Kramer joins honor flight trip to help Vietnam veterans
- Brat Fest carnival to close early Sunday after late night fights
- Car rolls over into residential home's front lawn
- Fort Atkinson man arrested for sixth OWI