TOWN OF ARGYLE, Wis. - One man is in critical condition after being found unresponsive inside his vehicle in a Lafayette County farm field.
The Lafayette County Sheriff's Department said a vehicle was spotted around 8 p.m. Thursday in a field in the 14000 Block of County Highway N in the town of Argle.
Michael Berg, 59, was found in the car severely injured.
An investigation shows Berg failed to negotiate a curve. He then lost control, struck a ditch and embankment before landing in the field.
Berg was taken to Monroe Hospital and later transferred to the UW Hospital in Madison with life-threatening injuries. Med Flight helicopters could not respond to the accident because of the weather conditions.
The Lafayette County Sheriff's Office will continue to investigate the crash.
- All Iowa County roads reported as ice covered, hazardous
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need