TOWN OF ARGYLE, Wis. - One man is in critical condition after being found unresponsive inside his vehicle in a Lafayette County farm field.
The Lafayette County Sheriff's Department said a vehicle was spotted around 8 p.m. Thursday in a field in the 14000 Block of County Highway N in the town of Argle.
Michael Berg, 59, was found in the car severely injured.
An investigation shows Berg failed to negotiate a curve. He then lost control, struck a ditch and embankment before landing in the field.
Berg was taken to Monroe Hospital and later transferred to the UW Hospital in Madison with life-threatening injuries. Med Flight helicopters could not respond to the accident because of the weather conditions.
The Lafayette County Sheriff's Office will continue to investigate the crash.
- Consumer Reports: Is identity theft insurance worth it?
- Whitewater High School evacuated because of suspicious package
- PD: Someone opened fire on officers who responded to suspicious vehicle report
- 24-year-old Cuba City woman struck, killed pedestrian on Iowa road
- Woman struck, killed walking on highway, deputies say
- Country star Willie Nelson to perform in Madison in June