TOWN OF ARGYLE, Wis. - One man is in critical condition after being found unresponsive inside his vehicle in a Lafayette County farm field.
The Lafayette County Sheriff's Department said a vehicle was spotted around 8 p.m. Thursday in a field in the 14000 Block of County Highway N in the town of Argle.
Michael Berg, 59, was found in the car severely injured.
An investigation shows Berg failed to negotiate a curve. He then lost control, struck a ditch and embankment before landing in the field.
Berg was taken to Monroe Hospital and later transferred to the UW Hospital in Madison with life-threatening injuries. Med Flight helicopters could not respond to the accident because of the weather conditions.
The Lafayette County Sheriff's Office will continue to investigate the crash.
- Fire on Johnson Street causes $10,000 worth of damage, officials say
- Evansville school staff to discuss security with police after attempted stabbing
- Driver in fatal crash arrested for 3rd OWI in 8 days
- Madison could be home to Amazon's new headquarters
- Badgers to open 2018 football season with a Friday night game
- Murder defendant convicted after skipping trial