TOWN OF LYNDON, Wis. - A man was killed when the vehicle he was in exploded, according to the Juneau County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to Highway 12 and Highway 16 in the town of Lyndon west of Wisconsin Dells at 8:31 p.m. on Saturday when witnesses reported hearing an explosion and finding a vehicle on fire.
The fire was extinguished and it was determined that there was a man in vehicle at the time of the explosion. He was pronounced dead at the scene by the Juneau County Coroner.
The cause of the explosion and identity of the man are under investigation.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend