TOWN OF LYNDON, Wis. - A man was killed when the vehicle he was in exploded, according to the Juneau County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to Highway 12 and Highway 16 in the town of Lyndon west of Wisconsin Dells at 8:31 p.m. on Saturday when witnesses reported hearing an explosion and finding a vehicle on fire.
The fire was extinguished and it was determined that there was a man in vehicle at the time of the explosion. He was pronounced dead at the scene by the Juneau County Coroner.
The cause of the explosion and identity of the man are under investigation.
- Complaint: 14-year-old's father finds sexual assault suspect in closet
- Attempt to drill into SUV gas tank ignites fuel, MFD says
- New Glarus man stopped for expired vehicle registration faces 6th OWI
- Man robbed at gunpoint in parking lot, police say
- Bicyclist injured in collision with Buick, fire officials say
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing