TOWN OF LYNDON, Wis. - A man was killed when the vehicle he was in exploded, according to the Juneau County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to Highway 12 and Highway 16 in the town of Lyndon west of Wisconsin Dells at 8:31 p.m. on Saturday when witnesses reported hearing an explosion and finding a vehicle on fire.
The fire was extinguished and it was determined that there was a man in vehicle at the time of the explosion. He was pronounced dead at the scene by the Juneau County Coroner.
The cause of the explosion and identity of the man are under investigation.
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs
- Warmer weather creates bumpy ride for drivers
- 3 teens arrested in connection to several vandalism cases