TOWN OF LYNDON, Wis. - A man was killed when the vehicle he was in exploded, according to the Juneau County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to Highway 12 and Highway 16 in the town of Lyndon west of Wisconsin Dells at 8:31 p.m. on Saturday when witnesses reported hearing an explosion and finding a vehicle on fire.
The fire was extinguished and it was determined that there was a man in vehicle at the time of the explosion. He was pronounced dead at the scene by the Juneau County Coroner.
The cause of the explosion and identity of the man are under investigation.
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say
- Local musician, drum instructor charged with possession of child porn