BLUE MOUNDS, Wis. - A Blue Mounds man was found by friends on his property Thursday after an ATV crash the previous night, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
Ernest Gilbertson, 64, spent the night next to a shed suffering from serious but non-life-threatening injuries. He was flown to University of Wisconsin Hospital for treatment.
Deputies were called to 2367 Thunder Valley Road after noon on Thursday. They determined that Gilbertson went off an embankment with his ATV at about 9 p.m. on Wednesday and rolled the ATV into a pile of logs. Deputies said he crawled 50-60 yards to a shed where he stayed the night with his dog.
Gilbertson admitted to deputies that he was drinking before the crash, according to deputies.
Deputies said no citation will be issued because the crash occurred on his personal property.
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks