LANCASTER, Wis. - A 25-year-old man who police said fled authorities earlier in Fennimore was picked up walking along the highway hours later.
On Saturday at about 3:49 a.m., the Grant County Sheriff's Department received multiple calls of a subject walking in the southbound lane of traffic on Highway 61 north of Highway E, about 2 miles west of Stitzer.
The description of the man and his clothing matched a man who had fled police in Fennimore, the sheriff's department said.
At the time the subject fled, an officer believed he saw a gun or knife in the subject's back waistband, the sheriff said.
Traffic on Highway 61 was stopped for about 10 minutes at Rogers Road and at Liberty Ridge Road while deputies made contact with the man.
Deputies took Ronald Henry, 25, into custody with the help of K-9 Diego. No weapons were found on him, according to the report.
Henry was arrested on warrants out of Grant County and Milwaukee County along with a Wisconsin Department of Corrections warrant. Henry also had a warrant out of Illinois, the sheriff said.
Henry is being held in the Grant County Jail.
The Grant County Sheriff's Department was assisted by the Lancaster Police Department.
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field
- Gun pointed at driver during road rage incident, deputies say
- Wisconsin family rescued from wave that throws them into tide pool
- New Zealand: Janesville doctor must pay for deadly crash
- Police: Crash leads to fourth OWI arrest
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street