MADISON, Wis. - A resident on Madison's north side called police Thursday after finding a bullet hole in his cargo trailer, according to a news release.
Police said the 70-year-old man, who lives on Claremont Lane, was unsure when the trailer was shot, but a neighbor heard three loud bangs on Monday or Tuesday night between 11 p.m. and midnight.
Police didn't find any evidence, but based on the angle of the entry hole, they believe that the shot was fired from the street, the release said.
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Driver of car going 107 mph suspected of drug use, deputies say
- Car reported missing discovered crashed into condo, police say
- Driver who nearly strikes state patrol car charged with 4th OWI, trooper says
- Man pulls gun during road rage incident, police say