MADISON, Wis. - A resident on Madison's north side called police Thursday after finding a bullet hole in his cargo trailer, according to a news release.
Police said the 70-year-old man, who lives on Claremont Lane, was unsure when the trailer was shot, but a neighbor heard three loud bangs on Monday or Tuesday night between 11 p.m. and midnight.
Police didn't find any evidence, but based on the angle of the entry hole, they believe that the shot was fired from the street, the release said.
- Uniforms coming to Milwaukee schools
- Messy weather closes schools in southern Wisconsin
- Possible homicide charges for teen driver after man killed in crash
- Man credits Mental Health First Aid for saving co-worker's life
- Adams County woman missing 10 days found safe
- Attorney: Robinson settlement a calculated decision by city's insurer