SUPERIOR, Wis. - Superior police say a 65-year-old man has died after falling down an elevator shaft at a warehouse where he was working.
Police say Douglas Moen went to an emergency room in Superior Thursday, complaining of injuries he suffered in a fall. Police say Moen later died at the hospital.
Investigators say Moen had been working at the warehouse with two other men moving furniture. The building was dark, so Moen tried to find a light switch but fell 8 to 10 feet down the elevator shaft.
Police say the two other men heard Moen yelling for help and took him to the hospital because he did not want an ambulance called.
The accident is under investigation.
- Review: MSO, APT craft annual 'Beyond the Score' concert
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US
- Pickup truck, car fall through ice on 2 Dodge County lakes
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Driver of car going 107 mph suspected of drug use, deputies say