SUPERIOR, Wis. - Superior police say a 65-year-old man has died after falling down an elevator shaft at a warehouse where he was working.
Police say Douglas Moen went to an emergency room in Superior Thursday, complaining of injuries he suffered in a fall. Police say Moen later died at the hospital.
Investigators say Moen had been working at the warehouse with two other men moving furniture. The building was dark, so Moen tried to find a light switch but fell 8 to 10 feet down the elevator shaft.
Police say the two other men heard Moen yelling for help and took him to the hospital because he did not want an ambulance called.
The accident is under investigation.
- All Iowa County roads reported as ice covered, hazardous
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need