SUPERIOR, Wis. - Superior police say a 65-year-old man has died after falling down an elevator shaft at a warehouse where he was working.
Police say Douglas Moen went to an emergency room in Superior Thursday, complaining of injuries he suffered in a fall. Police say Moen later died at the hospital.
Investigators say Moen had been working at the warehouse with two other men moving furniture. The building was dark, so Moen tried to find a light switch but fell 8 to 10 feet down the elevator shaft.
Police say the two other men heard Moen yelling for help and took him to the hospital because he did not want an ambulance called.
The accident is under investigation.
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- Find of device that looked like military mortar causes scare
- Lawyers for man charged in killing accuse victim's boyfriend