SUPERIOR, Wis. - Superior police say a 65-year-old man has died after falling down an elevator shaft at a warehouse where he was working.
Police say Douglas Moen went to an emergency room in Superior Thursday, complaining of injuries he suffered in a fall. Police say Moen later died at the hospital.
Investigators say Moen had been working at the warehouse with two other men moving furniture. The building was dark, so Moen tried to find a light switch but fell 8 to 10 feet down the elevator shaft.
Police say the two other men heard Moen yelling for help and took him to the hospital because he did not want an ambulance called.
The accident is under investigation.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say