DODGEVILLE, Wis. - A construction worker was injured Wednesday afternoon when he fell through the roof of a machine shed, according to a release.
Iowa County sheriff's deputies responded to a construction site on Highway Z in the town of Dodgeville around 4:35 p.m., officials said.
Investigators said Lamar Newswanger, 23, of Platteville, was working on the roof of a machine shed when he fell through the roof.
Newswanger fell approximately 30 feet and landed on a concrete floor, according to the release. He was transported by Med Flight to UW Hospital for non-life-threatening injuries.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say