DODGEVILLE, Wis. - A construction worker was injured Wednesday afternoon when he fell through the roof of a machine shed, according to a release.
Iowa County sheriff's deputies responded to a construction site on Highway Z in the town of Dodgeville around 4:35 p.m., officials said.
Investigators said Lamar Newswanger, 23, of Platteville, was working on the roof of a machine shed when he fell through the roof.
Newswanger fell approximately 30 feet and landed on a concrete floor, according to the release. He was transported by Med Flight to UW Hospital for non-life-threatening injuries.
- Majority of Superior shipyard workers test positive for lead
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out