MADISON, Wis. - Police said a man stole computer equipment and cash from two people in a west side gas station parking lot.
The Madison Police Department said a man and woman were in a vehicle parked in the lot at the PDQ on the corner of Raymond Road and McKenna Boulevard Monday at about 9:20 p.m. when a man approached them.
The man came up to the passenger-side window and told the female victim to get in the backseat, police said. The man then got in the passenger seat and demanded that the male victim drive out of the parking lot. After traveling for a short distance, the suspect fled the vehicle with a computer bag containing a laptop and money.
The victims were not injured, according to the report.
Police described the robber as black, in his early 20s, about 6 feet 2 inches tall with a medium to large build. He wore a dark grey or silver coat, khaki shorts and dark shoes.
- Fremont woman accused in boyfriend's fatal stabbing is acquitted
- East Towne Mall employee attacked, robbed
- Woman arrested, suspected of abducting her kids
- ACLU: Youth prison lawsuit prompted by silence from investigators
- UW-Madison chosen to test autonomous vehicles
- Woman pinned in van after crash with ambulance on Hwy. 12