KENOSHA, Wis. - A 27-year-old drowned after jumping from a boat taking on water on Lake Mary in far southern Wisconsin.
According to the Twin Lakes Police Department, officers responded at 4:25 p.m. Saturday when several people were seen in distress on the north side of Lake Mary in western Kenosha County.
Police say a 7-year-old and a 10-year-old were struggling to stay above water but officers were able to pull them and a 37-year-old woman out.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports the man didn't resurface after he jumped in. A swimmer and water patrol officer later found him underwater. He was pronounced dead at a Burlington hospital.
He has not been identified.
Twin Lakes police and the Department of Natural Resources are investigating.
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees