HAYWARD, Wis. - A 55-year-old Hayward man has died after the snowmobile he was riding went through the ice in Sawyer County.
Steven Sisko was reported missing just after 5 a.m. Monday. A search was organized, and a helicopter crew spotted a body in a hole in the ice on the Chippewa Flowage at 11 a.m.
The sheriff's office says members of the Hayward Fire Department responded by airboat and found Sisko dead.
The Duluth News Tribune reported Sisko was an owner of Sisko's Pine Point Resort.
- Circus World director 'optimistic' in wake of Ringling Bros. shutdown
- Missing Beloit man found dead
- Billion dollar company plans for joint venture
- Superior boat builder secures $6M contract for Texas project
- Man suffers serious injuries in snowmobile rollover
- Janesville police looking for accused Target thief