HAYWARD, Wis. - A 55-year-old Hayward man has died after the snowmobile he was riding went through the ice in Sawyer County.
Steven Sisko was reported missing just after 5 a.m. Monday. A search was organized, and a helicopter crew spotted a body in a hole in the ice on the Chippewa Flowage at 11 a.m.
The sheriff's office says members of the Hayward Fire Department responded by airboat and found Sisko dead.
The Duluth News Tribune reported Sisko was an owner of Sisko's Pine Point Resort.
- Shredfest helps protect more than 1,100 people's identities
- 'Life goes on': Production ends at Oscar Mayer plant
- Vehicles, building hit by bullets in Fitchburg
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed