HAYWARD, Wis. - A 55-year-old Hayward man has died after the snowmobile he was riding went through the ice in Sawyer County.
Steven Sisko was reported missing just after 5 a.m. Monday. A search was organized, and a helicopter crew spotted a body in a hole in the ice on the Chippewa Flowage at 11 a.m.
The sheriff's office says members of the Hayward Fire Department responded by airboat and found Sisko dead.
The Duluth News Tribune reported Sisko was an owner of Sisko's Pine Point Resort.
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial