WAUPUN, Wis. - One person is dead and a teen injured after a Saturday morning crash in Waupun.
Wisconsin State Patrol said that a silver Chevrolet Impala driven by a 58-year-old Waupun man was headed south on Highway 26 near Highway 151 in Dodge Count at 9:17 a.m.
The Impala crossed into northbound traffic on Highway 26 and hit a silver Pontiac head on. Both occupants had to be extracted.
The man driving the Impala that crossed into traffic was sent by ambulance to Waupun Memorial Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
A 16-year-old girl from Capron, Illinois, driving the Pontiac was taken to UW Hospital with life-threatening injuries.
Both drivers were wearing their seat belts and alcohol was not a factor in the crash, according to the report.
Traffic officials said Highway 26 was closed between Mayfair Street and Highway 151 for more than four hours Saturday. The road was reopen by about 2 p.m.
State patrol is investigating the crash.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say