PORTAGE, Wis. - A Portage man was killed in a single-vehicle crash on Highway 33 around 12:15 p.m. Monday, officials said.
Columbia County sheriff's deputies responded to reports of a single-vehicle crash just east of Highway H on Highway 33, according to a release.
Investigators said the passenger car was traveling west on Highway 33 when it entered the south ditch, continued traveling west on a gravel farm drive and then crashed into a tree.
Clayton R. Dumke, 86, of rural Portage, was driving the car and sustained serious injuries during the crash, according to the release. He was transported by Med Flight to University of Wisconsin Hospital.
On Tuesday morning, Sheriff Dennis Richards said Dumke died Monday from injuries sustained in the crash.
Dumke was wearing a seat belt, official said. Alcohol and speed do not appear to be factors in the crash.
An 84-year-old passenger was also transported to UW Hospital, according to the release.
The crash remains under investigation.Highway 33 east of Highway H
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Suspect in custody in Middleton homicide
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two
- Two seriously injured in pickup vs. semi crash