TOWN OF SPRING GREEN, Wis. - A Pewaukee man died a day after suffering injures in a cabin fire, according to the Sauk County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies said Clarion Goytowski, 82, was pumping a lantern at his cabin on County Road JJ in the Town of Spring Green on Thursday when he dropped the lantern, causing an explosion. Goytowski was severely burned, but was able to walk to his neighbor's house to seek help.
The neighbor took Goytowski to Richland Center Hospital and he was later taken to University of Wisconsin Hospital in Madison.
Deputies said Goytowski died Friday as a result of his injuries. The cabin was a total loss.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry