TOWN OF SPRING GREEN, Wis. - A Pewaukee man died a day after suffering injures in a cabin fire, according to the Sauk County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies said Clarion Goytowski, 82, was pumping a lantern at his cabin on County Road JJ in the Town of Spring Green on Thursday when he dropped the lantern, causing an explosion. Goytowski was severely burned, but was able to walk to his neighbor's house to seek help.
The neighbor took Goytowski to Richland Center Hospital and he was later taken to University of Wisconsin Hospital in Madison.
Deputies said Goytowski died Friday as a result of his injuries. The cabin was a total loss.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns