TOWN OF SPRINGFIELD, Wis. - A Mount Horeb man died a day after two vehicles crashed in Springfield on Friday.
Dale Wood, 58, died from injuries suffered in the crash, according to the Dane County medical examiner.
Seven people were taken to hospitals after a two-vehicle crash Dane County Sheriff's deputies described as "serious."
The crash happened just after 7 p.m. Friday at the intersection of county roads K and P in the town of Springfield.
Two patients were taken from the scene by Med Flight, authorities confirmed.
Authorities said the crash happened when 50-year-old Jennifer Kirchstein failed to stop at a stop sign and collided with a vehicle traveling south on County Road P.
Kirchstein was traveling west on County Highway K. Five passengers were in her vehicle: Margaret McHugh, 70, George Hove, 75, Dale Wood, 58, James Kirchstein, 53, and Payton Kirchstein, 8.
The 46-year-old driver of the second vehicle, Rebecca Voights, was also hurt.
The intersection remained closed for several hours as crash investigators worked at the site.
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field
- Gun pointed at driver during road rage incident, deputies say
- Wisconsin family rescued from wave that throws them into tide pool
- New Zealand: Janesville doctor must pay for deadly crash
- Police: Crash leads to fourth OWI arrest
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street