TOWN OF SPRINGFIELD, Wis. - A Mount Horeb man died a day after two vehicles crashed in Springfield on Friday.
Dale Wood, 58, died from injuries suffered in the crash, according to the Dane County medical examiner.
Seven people were taken to hospitals after a two-vehicle crash Dane County Sheriff's deputies described as "serious."
The crash happened just after 7 p.m. Friday at the intersection of county roads K and P in the town of Springfield.
Two patients were taken from the scene by Med Flight, authorities confirmed.
Authorities said the crash happened when 50-year-old Jennifer Kirchstein failed to stop at a stop sign and collided with a vehicle traveling south on County Road P.
Kirchstein was traveling west on County Highway K. Five passengers were in her vehicle: Margaret McHugh, 70, George Hove, 75, Dale Wood, 58, James Kirchstein, 53, and Payton Kirchstein, 8.
The 46-year-old driver of the second vehicle, Rebecca Voights, was also hurt.
The intersection remained closed for several hours as crash investigators worked at the site.
- Warmer weather creates a bumpy ride for drivers
- 3 teens arrested in connection to several vandalism cases
- UW-Whitewater lowers flag for student killed in crash
- Man says Milwaukee sheriff Clarke detained him after run-in
- MPD asking for help finding 9-month-old
- Wisconsin retirees to see annuity payment increases