KENOSHA, Wis. - Kenosha police say a 33-year-old man has died after being shot in what may have been an accident.
Kavin Stewart was shot Wednesday afternoon outside the Shalom Center. Police tell the Kenosha News Stewart was pronounced dead around 8 p.m. Wednesday at Kenosha Medical Center of an apparent single, gunshot wound to the leg.
Police were called to the scene around 1:30 p.m. Stewart was believed to be in a vehicle when he was shot and reportedly tried to drive himself to the hospital.
Sgt. Cindy Fredericksen says police are still investigating.
- Man charged in fatal shooting of sheriff's deputy
- PD: Man hit in head, robbed during believed stereo equipment sale
- Wisconsin farmers could be affected by late cabinet pick
- Judge denies motions to dismiss 4 charges against Alec Cook
- MFD: 1 suffers minor injury in rollover crash on John Nolen Drive
- Woman accused of stabbing acquaintance turns herself in to police