KENOSHA, Wis. - Kenosha police say a 33-year-old man has died after being shot in what may have been an accident.
Kavin Stewart was shot Wednesday afternoon outside the Shalom Center. Police tell the Kenosha News Stewart was pronounced dead around 8 p.m. Wednesday at Kenosha Medical Center of an apparent single, gunshot wound to the leg.
Police were called to the scene around 1:30 p.m. Stewart was believed to be in a vehicle when he was shot and reportedly tried to drive himself to the hospital.
Sgt. Cindy Fredericksen says police are still investigating.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns