ELK GROVE TOWNSHIP, Wis. - A man driving an Amish buggy was rear-ended, ejected and later died, according to the Lafayette County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to the 24000 block of State Highway 81 in Elk Grove Township at about 5:30 p.m. Wednesday for a report of a crash.
Investigators said an Amish buggy was traveling west on Highway 81 when it was stuck from behind by a pickup truck.
Levi K. Kinsinger, 20, of Platteville was ejected and taken to Southwest Health Center in Platteville before being transported to a Madison hospital. He later died from his injuries, according to the sheriff's office.
The horse pulling the buggy was severely injured and euthanized, according to deputies.
The driver of the truck, Eugene C. Jenson, 29, of Darlington, was not injured.
Investigators said lights on the buggy were working at the time of the crash.
The case is being referred to the Lafayette County District Attorney for possible charges.
- Pickup truck, car fall through ice on 2 Dodge County lakes
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Driver of car going 107 mph suspected of drug use, deputies say
- Car reported missing discovered crashed into condo, police say
- Driver who nearly strikes state patrol car charged with 4th OWI, trooper says