ELK GROVE TOWNSHIP, Wis. - A man driving an Amish buggy was rear-ended, ejected and later died, according to the Lafayette County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to the 24000 block of State Highway 81 in Elk Grove Township at about 5:30 p.m. Wednesday for a report of a crash.
Investigators said an Amish buggy was traveling west on Highway 81 when it was stuck from behind by a pickup truck.
Levi K. Kinsinger, 20, of Platteville was ejected and taken to Southwest Health Center in Platteville before being transported to a Madison hospital. He later died from his injuries, according to the sheriff's office.
The horse pulling the buggy was severely injured and euthanized, according to deputies.
The driver of the truck, Eugene C. Jenson, 29, of Darlington, was not injured.
Investigators said lights on the buggy were working at the time of the crash.
The case is being referred to the Lafayette County District Attorney for possible charges.
- Crews battle roof fire at McFarland cold storage facility
- Janesville high school holds safety workshop for girls
- James Brown's 'Funky Drummer' Clyde Stubblefield dies at 73
- Despite warm temps, Winter Fest, Polar Plunge continue as scheduled
- Bishop Morlino: Catholics can eat meat on St. Patrick's Day
- Wisconsin sees fewer snowy owls than in recent winters