ELK GROVE TOWNSHIP, Wis. - A man driving an Amish buggy was rear-ended, ejected and later died, according to the Lafayette County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to the 24000 block of State Highway 81 in Elk Grove Township at about 5:30 p.m. Wednesday for a report of a crash.
Investigators said an Amish buggy was traveling west on Highway 81 when it was stuck from behind by a pickup truck.
Levi K. Kinsinger, 20, of Platteville was ejected and taken to Southwest Health Center in Platteville before being transported to a Madison hospital. He later died from his injuries, according to the sheriff's office.
The horse pulling the buggy was severely injured and euthanized, according to deputies.
The driver of the truck, Eugene C. Jenson, 29, of Darlington, was not injured.
Investigators said lights on the buggy were working at the time of the crash.
The case is being referred to the Lafayette County District Attorney for possible charges.
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes
- Madison middle school to require student uniforms