SHERWOOD, Wis. - A 42-year-old Sherwood man died after his all-terrain vehicle fell into open water on Lake Winnebago.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported the man spent about an hour under water.
The Calumet County Sheriff's Department said the man was traveling across the ice at High Cliff State Park Marina on Saturday with a companion who was on another machine.
The pair came to some open water. The person on the first ATV crossed the water, but the man on the second machine did not.
His name was not immediately released.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK