SHERWOOD, Wis. - A 42-year-old Sherwood man died after his all-terrain vehicle fell into open water on Lake Winnebago.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported the man spent about an hour under water.
The Calumet County Sheriff's Department said the man was traveling across the ice at High Cliff State Park Marina on Saturday with a companion who was on another machine.
The pair came to some open water. The person on the first ATV crossed the water, but the man on the second machine did not.
His name was not immediately released.
- Surveillance video shows burglars breaking into Madison cellphone store
- Records show little GOP feedback to state education plan
- Lincoln Hills psychologist dismissed
- Kenosha teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Milwaukee-bound man removed from flight for using bathroom before takeoff