JANESVILLE, Wis. - Police said a man left a Janesville gas station empty-handed after attempting to rob the store Saturday evening.
The Janesville Police Department said a man entered the Citgo at 404 N. Parker Drive at about 8:47 p.m. He told the clerk to give him all the store's money. The man did not show a weapon or imply that he had one, police said. The clerk refused to give the man money and he fled the store without cash or merchandise.
A police K-9 unit attempted to track the would-be robber but was unsuccessful, police said.
Police said the man was white, in his 20s, about 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighed between 175 and 185 pounds. The man was wearing a black long-sleeve shirt, black baggy jeans and white tennis shoes, according to the report.
Police asked anyone with information to call 757-2244 or Crime Stoppers at 756-3636.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK