SAN DIEGO - A man has been convicted of killing a Wisconsin woman at a San Diego hotel and dumping her body in the shower.
Jason Lewis was found guilty of first-degree murder Friday in the death of 26-year-old Jhordann Rust.
Rust checked into the hotel with her fiance and got into an argument that led to her fiance's arrest.
Prosecutors said Rust got locked out of her room and called her mother. While on the phone, authorities said the 41-year-old Lewis, who lived at the hotel, attacked Rust.
Investigators said Lewis beat Rust in his room, stuffed her body in a suitcase and dumped the body in a common shower area.
The San Diego Union-Tribune says Lewis faces 56 years to life in prison.
- Parents, child care centers face problems with 4-year-old kindergarten
- Iconic funk drummer Clyde Stubblefield leaves an international legacy
- Stripper sues Cruisin' Chubbys Gentleman's Club
- Teacher uses personal story to educate students on eating disorders
- February will end with near-record high temps, threat of severe thunderstorms
- Influenza cases peaking in Wisconsin