SAN DIEGO - A man has been convicted of killing a Wisconsin woman at a San Diego hotel and dumping her body in the shower.
Jason Lewis was found guilty of first-degree murder Friday in the death of 26-year-old Jhordann Rust.
Rust checked into the hotel with her fiance and got into an argument that led to her fiance's arrest.
Prosecutors said Rust got locked out of her room and called her mother. While on the phone, authorities said the 41-year-old Lewis, who lived at the hotel, attacked Rust.
Investigators said Lewis beat Rust in his room, stuffed her body in a suitcase and dumped the body in a common shower area.
The San Diego Union-Tribune says Lewis faces 56 years to life in prison.
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees