MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man will spend six years in prison after he pleaded guilty to robbery and burglary charges.
Kendredge Dillard pleaded guilty to a string of thefts in the campus and downtown areas last year.
Police said Dillard was connected to 25-30 robberies in the Vilas and Greenbush neighborhoods that involved stolen wallets, small electronics and iPhones.
A criminal complaint states that in an Oct. 23 robbery in the 500 block of Mifflin Street, the victim came home and went into his bathroom. A robber entered the bathroom with a gun and demanded his phone and wallet. Once the robber left, the victim yelled outside the building for someone to stop the robber.
The victim identified Dillard from an array of photos as the man who robbed him, according to police.
Dillard was also sentenced to six years of probation.
- Kentucky shooting suspect thought to be headed to Wis. in custody
- GOP leader Fitzgerald introduces bill to relax well regulations
- Report: Longtime Democratic activist Ed Garvey has died
- Janesville house fire causes $115,000 in damage
- Man who ordered cookies, robbed McDonald's turns himself in, police say
- Email shows Holtz was counting on 'reform group' to help his campaign