MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man will spend six years in prison after he pleaded guilty to robbery and burglary charges.
Kendredge Dillard pleaded guilty to a string of thefts in the campus and downtown areas last year.
Police said Dillard was connected to 25-30 robberies in the Vilas and Greenbush neighborhoods that involved stolen wallets, small electronics and iPhones.
A criminal complaint states that in an Oct. 23 robbery in the 500 block of Mifflin Street, the victim came home and went into his bathroom. A robber entered the bathroom with a gun and demanded his phone and wallet. Once the robber left, the victim yelled outside the building for someone to stop the robber.
The victim identified Dillard from an array of photos as the man who robbed him, according to police.
Dillard was also sentenced to six years of probation.
- Janesville police take extra precautions after fentanyl found in area
- Forged letter criticizes local police chief
- DNR determines several factors led to Janesville fish kill
- Memorial Day travel expected to hit highest rate since 2005
- Police have identified hit-and-run driver
- Forged letter criticzes local police chief