MADISON, Wis. - Police said a 48-year-old Madison man fought off a home invasion late Friday.
At about 11 p.m., Madison police responded to a report of an armed home invasion in the 7000 block of Watts Road. The victim told police he was inside his residence when the two intruders forced entry and confronted him with a handgun, demanding money.
According to the report, the victim said he armed himself during the incident with a firearm, which caused the suspects to flee.
The suspects were described as black men both wearing black hooded sweatshirts and blue jeans, the report said.
No firearms were discharged during the incident, police said.
Madison police said the investigation is ongoing but the incident does not appear to be a random act.
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike