MADISON, Wis. - Police said a 48-year-old Madison man fought off a home invasion late Friday.
At about 11 p.m., Madison police responded to a report of an armed home invasion in the 7000 block of Watts Road. The victim told police he was inside his residence when the two intruders forced entry and confronted him with a handgun, demanding money.
According to the report, the victim said he armed himself during the incident with a firearm, which caused the suspects to flee.
The suspects were described as black men both wearing black hooded sweatshirts and blue jeans, the report said.
No firearms were discharged during the incident, police said.
Madison police said the investigation is ongoing but the incident does not appear to be a random act.
- State at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- 15-year-old girl shot with BB gun at Elver Park
- Missing girl found in Fort Atkinson man's home; man faces federal kidnapping charges
- 2 seen fleeing scene of gunfire, crash, police say
- Prosecutor: Deputy was justified in shooting
- Man beaten, robbed outside apartment, police say