WAUSAU, Wis. - A Mosinee man is charged with providing the heroin that authorities say was a factor in a fatal car crash.
Twenty-two-year-old Kyle Kennedy made an initial appearance in Marathon County Circuit Court Friday. The crash last March in Wausau killed the driver, Michael Dixon of Rothschild, and critically injured his 4-year-old son. Police say Dixon had heroin in his system at the time of the crash.
Daily Herald Media says Kennedy has been charged with delivery of heroin, obstructing an officer and bail-jumping.
Judge Jill Falstad ordered Kennedy held on a $50,000 cash bond. A preliminary hearing is set for June 19.
Kennedy's attorney did not immediately return a call seeking comment.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement