WAUSAU, Wis. - A Mosinee man is charged with providing the heroin that authorities say was a factor in a fatal car crash.
Twenty-two-year-old Kyle Kennedy made an initial appearance in Marathon County Circuit Court Friday. The crash last March in Wausau killed the driver, Michael Dixon of Rothschild, and critically injured his 4-year-old son. Police say Dixon had heroin in his system at the time of the crash.
Daily Herald Media says Kennedy has been charged with delivery of heroin, obstructing an officer and bail-jumping.
Judge Jill Falstad ordered Kennedy held on a $50,000 cash bond. A preliminary hearing is set for June 19.
Kennedy's attorney did not immediately return a call seeking comment.
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday
- New emergency equipment aids obese patients in Wisconsin