PORTAGE, Wis. - A Columbia County man pleaded not guilty to murder by reason of insanity or mental defect Tuesday.
Jordan Scott, 19, appeared in court and face charges of first-degree intentional homicide for the Sept. 5 death of David Johnson.
A criminal complaint said Scott shot and killed Johnson, a co-worker at the Portage Subway Restaurant.
Police said a fight between Johnson and Scott led up to the shooting.
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees