LA CROSSE, Wis. - A La Crosse man is being charged with extorting another man for $50,000 to keep photos of him in women's underwear a secret.
Randal Besl, 49, was arrested Nov. 9 after police witnessed him receiving $4,000 from the victim in the K-Mart parking lot.
Besl also told the man he had pictures of the victim doing drugs and performing sexual acts with underage girls.
Besl told police he did not know that what he was doing was illegal.
At the time of the arrest, the victim had given Besl $20,000 to keep the photos a secret.
- Officials identify two men killed in Sheboygan plane crash
- CANCELED: Wisconsin River slow, no-wake order
- Janesville police take extra precautions after fentanyl found in area
- Forged letter criticizes local police chief
- DNR determines several factors led to Janesville fish kill
- Memorial Day travel expected to hit highest rate since 2005