LA CROSSE, Wis. - A La Crosse man is being charged with extorting another man for $50,000 to keep photos of him in women's underwear a secret.
Randal Besl, 49, was arrested Nov. 9 after police witnessed him receiving $4,000 from the victim in the K-Mart parking lot.
Besl also told the man he had pictures of the victim doing drugs and performing sexual acts with underage girls.
Besl told police he did not know that what he was doing was illegal.
At the time of the arrest, the victim had given Besl $20,000 to keep the photos a secret.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend