FRIENDSHIP, Wis. - A 28-year-old Adams man is charged with shooting and killing his girlfriend.
Coleman Dybul was charged Friday with first-degree reckless homicide, marijuana possession and drug paraphernalia possession.
Court records show Dybul's bond modification request, originally set at $250, was denied.
According to the complaint, Dybul told authorities he woke on March 2 and shot his shotgun at what he thought was a person attacking his girlfriend, 27-year-old Toni Voss. When he turned on the light, Dybul found he had shot Voss in the chest. She died at the scene.
The Wausau Daily Herald reports Dybul told authorities he was in the Marines for four years and served in Afghanistan. When he woke up and saw the figure, he said it was like being back in Afghanistan and he had to kill or be killed, according to the complaint.
Dybul remains in jail. According to court records, his next court appearance will take place March 25.
- UWM instructor hopes students can find solution to lead problem
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash
- Assembly Republicans plan to add $300 million for roads
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration