FITCHBURG, Wis. - A Madison man accused of swinging a meat cleaver at a father who told him to stop trying to kiss his young daughter is facing felony charges.
A criminal complaint filed in Dane County Tuesday said 41-year-old Vanna Nem charged at the father while the man was seated in a lawn chair at a housewarming party in Fitchburg last weekend.
Authorities said the father was able to dodge the meat cleaver as Nem swung at him. The State Journal said others at the party grabbed Nem and took the cleaver away. The complaint said the father told Nem earlier that it was not OK for him to kiss his 9-year-old daughter.
Nem is charged with first-degree reckless endangerment.
- Teens say armed man asked them to get in car, police say
- Couple heard window being opened, scared off a would-be burglar, PD says
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Majority of Superior shipyard workers test positive for lead
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say