FITCHBURG, Wis. - A Madison man accused of swinging a meat cleaver at a father who told him to stop trying to kiss his young daughter is facing felony charges.
A criminal complaint filed in Dane County Tuesday said 41-year-old Vanna Nem charged at the father while the man was seated in a lawn chair at a housewarming party in Fitchburg last weekend.
Authorities said the father was able to dodge the meat cleaver as Nem swung at him. The State Journal said others at the party grabbed Nem and took the cleaver away. The complaint said the father told Nem earlier that it was not OK for him to kiss his 9-year-old daughter.
Nem is charged with first-degree reckless endangerment.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land