FITCHBURG, Wis. - A Madison man accused of swinging a meat cleaver at a father who told him to stop trying to kiss his young daughter is facing felony charges.
A criminal complaint filed in Dane County Tuesday said 41-year-old Vanna Nem charged at the father while the man was seated in a lawn chair at a housewarming party in Fitchburg last weekend.
Authorities said the father was able to dodge the meat cleaver as Nem swung at him. The State Journal said others at the party grabbed Nem and took the cleaver away. The complaint said the father told Nem earlier that it was not OK for him to kiss his 9-year-old daughter.
Nem is charged with first-degree reckless endangerment.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns