Authorities have charged a man in connection with a 2008 murder in Wisconsin Rapids.
WSAW-TV reports that Joseph Reinwand is charged with first-degree intentional homicide and arson of a building with intent to defraud in the death of Dale Meister.
Meister was found shot to death in his Wisconsin Rapids mobile home on March 4, 2008. Authorities had a suspect within a month, but didn't have evidence to prove it.
Wisconsin Rapids police did not say what led to Reinwand's arrest, but say they have been diligently investigating.
Online court records do not list an attorney for Reinwand. He is currently in custody in the Stanley Prison for burglary and weapons convictions.
His first court date is June 19.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart